Updated March 1, 2006
If I Had a Million Dollars...
What Causes/Projects Would I Fund?
Okay, maybe 10 million dollars...
- A Web site in Arabic, frequently updated, that debunks urban myths, particularly those that have a destructive impact of on development and relief efforts, or create divisions among people.
- A lifetime of school fees for the girls in an entire African village.
- A program at a university in Africa, another at a university in the Middle East, and another in Latin America for students pursuing a degree in human resources, to train them in volunteer management and in providing training to local grassroots organizations in volunteer management basics.
- A low-cost NGO management certificate program at a university in Africa, another at a university in the Middle East, and another in Latin America.
- The Brooke Animal Hospital, which provides free care for horses, donkeys and mules working for poor people in Egypt, India, Jordan and Pakistan, and provides education and training to poor communities in these countries regarding humane animal care.
- Projects that promote mass transit and other alternatives to cars in the USA.
- A full scholarship for two years, granted each year, for a female Kentucky student interested in studying Journalism, English, or the Performing Arts at Western Kentucky University.
- A grant to cover administrative costs at Knowbility.org
- A grant to Save the Children
- A grant to MADRE
- Lots of grants to Planned Parenthood of America
- A grant to United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- A grant to UN Foundation
- An entire domestic violence shelter in Kentucky.
- The animal shelter in Henderson, Kentucky, and a tri-county, ongoing, aggressive education program relating to its services and the importance of spaying and neutering.
- An entire prison literacy program.
- An initiative to document and disseminate best practices in programs involving the care and training of "cast off" animals (dogs and horses, for instance) by people in jail and prison
But I don't have a million dollars, unfortunately... so I just donate what I can, and I volunteer where I can. Hope you will too.
This information posted by J. Cravens. The personal opinions expressed on this page are solely the opinion of Ms. Cravens, unless otherwise noted.
return to my list of causes | return to /cravens/index page