The Search for a Non-Partisan Group
Supporting Peace in the Middle East
I would love to support an non-partisan organization that is truly working for a just and permanent peace in Israel and Palestine.
But I can't find one.
Every time I look for such, I find are groups that may be doing good work, but who also have positions among their overall platform that I find distasteful and cannot support. How can I support a group that calls for peace and also supports settlements in Gaza and the West Bank? Or, how can I support a group that provides critical health care and education services but also has members who deny the Holocaust of Jews in WWII and promotes grotesque lies about Jews?
So, here I am, searching for a group to support. One with members that:
I'll keep looking. If you have any suggestions, please let me know (tell me the complete name and URL of the organization, so that I may check them out for myself).
- believe that all Jewish settlements in the Gaza and West Bank must be removed and this land returned to Palestine;
- believe that people who deny the Jewish Holocaust of WWII are disgusting and wrong, and that such denials must be aggressively countered;
- believe that it is wrong, under all circumstances, to support suicide bombers, and wrong to offer rationale or justification for such acts, EVER;
- believe that it is wrong for Israel OR Palestine to have weapons of mass destruction of ANY KIND;
- believe that it is wrong for the U.S. to arm Israel to the teeth, and to support the proliferation of nuclear arms in Israel (or anywhere);
- believe that there should be a state of Israel and a state of Palestine, and support complete religious freedom in both;
- believe that both Islam and Judaism are, at their core, religions of peace, that people of these faiths worship the same god, that all adherents are children of Abraham/Ibrahim, and that it is the will of that God that they live together in peace;
- believe that women should not be forced to wear any particular type of clothes or ornament, that all women should receive the same educational and health benefits of men, that women should not be restricted in their lives or choices in any way, that women should be paid the same as men for equal work, and that men who commit "honor killings" should face life in prison; and
- reject literalism and fundamentalism.
This information posted by J. Cravens. The personal opinions expressed on this page are solely the opinion of Ms. Cravens, unless otherwise noted.
return to my list of causes | return to /cravens/index page