What Not to Do in Kabul
June 18, 2007
From a TERRIFIC blog called Axeghanistan Day Three: What Not to Do in Kabul, Filed under: Afghanistanimation. Wish I was so clever as to have written it!:
- Don't get pissed off at the slow internet connection at your hostel.
- Don't tell the host that you'll "find your own internet, thank you."
- Don't get defensive when one of the hostel staff escorts you to the nearest internet café.
- Don't tell the staffer that you'll make your own way home, even though it's well after dark.
- Don't count on your flawless sense of direction to get you back to your hostel.
- Don't panic Blair Witch-style when you realize that you're completely lost in the dead of night in the middle of a poorly mapped city in a country whose language you don't speak and which is somewhat renown for murdering foreign journalists.
- Don't resort to stopping random cars and gesturing wildly while babbling in English.
- Don't start wandering randomly hoping to find your hostel.
- Don't dismiss the likelihood of divine intervention when you happen across said hostel only 30 minutes after getting lost.
- Don't order the hostel's home-made calamari rings in an ill-advised attempt to celebrate your miraculous safe return.
If you have read this blawg, PLEASE let me know.
Comments are welcomed, and motivate me to keep writing --
without comments, I start to think I'm talking to cyberair.
A Broad Abroad - Afghanistan | A Broad Abroad - Main Menu | contact me
The personal opinions expressed on this page are solely those of Ms. Cravens, unless otherwise noted.