2. Organization is in california, I am in the UK, would have been impossible by post or telephone.
12. I am stay-at-home mom with small children, so it is impossible for me to travel to a site and work there.
13. The biggest asset to virtual volunteering is the control of time. I work, go to grad school, have a child who is active in sports and my own social calendar. If I had to conform to a rigid time schedule, I would probably not be a volunteer. Virtual volunteering allows me to set my own schedule. It's almost like working on a project as an independent contractor.
14. N/A I believe that not enough time has passed to answer this question.
17. I think the convenience of looking for opportunities online at ANYTIME was a PLUS! not having to drive to the company or make a phone call (cold-calling) was another great PLUS!
21. N/A Although I do prefer evening and/or weekend hours as I work full-time from 7:30-4:00 and have a six year-old child.
22. Because I was more independent in my schedules, I could be more effective in my work and get more done in a certain amount of time.
23. I enjoy it because I don't really have a transportation way considering I'm only 14 so its easier for me to do
24. Yes because I can't drive
25. School schedule combined with erratic work schedule makes regular volunteering virtually impossible
26. I wanted to use my computer and I could work for any org anywhere oner the internet.
28. I'm making a real difference for this organization and I getting extremely positive feedback. Nothing wrong with that!!
32. As I said above, it is something I was able to do from work as time permitted. It's much better to spend your down time at work doing such things than just idly cruising the Web.
33. As a reporter, political in my case, the Internet allowed me to do research and interact very effectively with my co-volunteers via e-mail. I sent all my articles via e-mail and they were edited without the need to use floppies or retyping. I also worked at odd hours and left messages that could be answered while I went on with my work, both obvious advantages of the Internet.
<--Previous Question Next Question -->
<---Back to the main page