Answers to the following questions:
- Respondent's name.
- Respondent's position.
- Respondent's role in working with volunteers at organization.
- America Online
- Rebecca Newton
- Assistant Program Manager Recruitment and Orientation
- I am responsible for recruitment and orientation of all
AOL community leader volunteers. We currently have 9,500
- Chebucto Community Net
- Ashwin Kutty
- IP editor
- At the present moment, in a coordinated effort with other
volunteers we are in the process of creating an online
game which will be posted during the upcoming Science and
Technology week for the awareness of different ip's on
ccn.. as well on a regular basis interaction with other
volunteers is required since things have to be decided as
to the best recourse or action to be taken in terms of
increasing awareness as well as creating and maintaing ip
web pages, etc..
- Community Wire Service
- Eilenet Marston
- WWWolunteer Coordinator
- Recruiting, training volunteers to use Windows PCs, the
internet, etc. to assist local nonprofits and gain
valuable computer skills.
- Concentric Media
- Julie Mikalson
- Broadcast Outreach Coordinator
- I recruit & work with online volunteers in all 50 states.
- Diversity University, Inc. *
- Jeanne McWhorter, MSW
- Executive Director
- As founder of this educational nonprofit, I have done
everything from recruiting the volunteers to organizing
them to encouraging them and soon to be handing and
sending out our first volunteer recognition certificates.
- durham county literacy council
- Lucy Haagen
- Executive Director
- overall responsibiliity for literacy delivery, most of
which involves volunteers
- Field of Dreams
- Deb Nyberg
- Currently, volunteers handle a silent auction for our
site, our ad speciality item promotion and all of our
- Free Our Parks and Forests
- Shane Miller
- I manage our Internet campaign, in addition to presiding
over all the affairs of our organization. Our website has
a password-protected administrative area volunteers use to
add to our database, schedule activities, etc.
- Globewide Network Academy
- Patrick M. Burnstad
- Chaiman of the Board
- GNA is the first virtual corporation, established in 1993,
501(c)(3) in 1994.
- Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network
- Jayne Cravens
- Internal Communications Manager (former)
- I recruited and managed all volunteers working
virtually. I also developed the opportunities for these
volunteers, and reported their progress to my supervisor.
- NetNoir, Inc.
- Mary D Gay
- Director of Community Relations
- I am responsible for all aspects of remote staff
management, including basic training.
- Northland Public Library
- Patricia A. McCarthy, CVA
- Dir/Vol Svcs
- The Dir of Vol Svcs is responsible for the structure and
management of the volunteer program and supervises over
- Ronald McDonald House
- Rafael Villarroel
- Chairman, Virtual Volunteers
- I'm from Chile, south america and I have being staying at
the RMH of Cleveland for more than 10 months with my
family. After a few months we became volunteers of our
house and now that we are going back to our country, the
board of trustees of the house offered me the
responsability to become the Chairman of a new
organization for the house, starting in October , when we
open our new web site. As the Chairman of the virtual
volunteers I'm now organising everything. I allready sent
invitations to get poeople involve in this huge project to
more than 60 families arround the world and so far, so
well! I'm also finishing the deffinitive gidelines for
the virtual volunteers and we are planing on starting to
work after the opening of the web site. The idea is to
give another sourse of information to future gests about
what the house is and our own experience about it. We are
also planning on translations of the web site to different
lenguages as one of our works in the future. We would also
like to promote the use of internet as a way to find
medical information for the families and gide parents in
the use of chat rooms as support groups.
I'm also trying to get a newsgroup for us so I can meet
in private with my volunteers with out worring about zone
As you can see, this is a big, big project and we are
looking foward to make it work as we espect it to
work. I'll be in touch with people from all arround the
world in order to create the first contact (link) beetwin
the new gests and the RMH of Cleveland.
I will be very happy if you can help us with any ideas
for this proyect and if you need more info. about us feel
free to contact me any time.
finaly, sorry for my english (I'm a spanish speaking
person) and wish you all the best with this project you
- Raymond Novello
- Founding Director
- volunteer coordinator
- Technology Assistance for Special Consumers
- Glenda Anderson
- I coordinate volunteer activities.
- United Way of Okaloosa & Walton COunties
- Ted Holoway
- Internet Committee Chairman
- We are listing all organizations in our area and will soon
be listing the volunteer needs of these organizations
on-line. We also have a call-in number to match
volunteers to non-profit organizations. We also have a
used computer recycling project underway to help
non-profits get computers.
- WEST Ltd
- Clodagh Duff
- Marketing Manager
- no response
* Diversity University, Inc. responded twice, on March 8, 1997 and
April 28, 1997, but their responses to these questions were the
same both times.
return to Index of Agency Survey Responses
return to Index of VV Project Message Archives