Writing, Editing & Proofreading Services by Jayne Cravens
I have extensive experience writing and editing a variety of texts, from press releases to program reports. One of my particular strengths is transforming complex concepts and texts into easier-to-read documents and presentations, and coaching writers on how to improve their texts. I am adept at taking highly-technical, jargon-filled text and making such more understandable, accessible and practical for a general audience. I'm also quite comfortable working and coaching remotely, and working with people for whom English is not a native language. I can use this experience to help organizations, particularly nonprofits, as well as individuals to prepare written materials for print or online publication, to reach a wide-variety of constituencies.
I have proven:
- writing and editing skills
- high standards of accuracy and consistency
- abilities to maintain faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of original text
- abilities to find and use appropriate references and conduct necessary research
- versatility, judgement and discretion
- facilitating and negotiating skills
- abilities regarding defining work plans and priorities, and planning and monitoring the work of others
- sensitivity and respect for diversity
- abilities to gain the trust and cooperation of others in a team endeavor through the demonstration of recognized technical competence, respect for original spirit of text, and respect for other's deadlines
My writing, editing and proofreading services include:
- Editing funding proposals, annual reports, brochure text, newsletters, blogs, magazines, and other texts, documents and publications, to ensure readability and correct grammar usage.
- Editing online, text-based presentations, to ensure clarity, brevity and a high-level of engagement.
- Revising initial English translations, to ensure smooth, understandable, accessible text.
- Editing speeches or podcasts, to ensure text is easy to say and will be understood by the audience that hears it, as well as by those who will read, rather than hear, the speech.
- Editing technical specifications documents and white papers
- Taking phrases, concepts and ideas generated through brain-storming sessions and creating cohesive, accessible text.
- Editing and advising on university application essays, graduate school essays, disserations and final projects for universities.
- Reviewing and advising on Résumés / CVs.
I can review drafts as .doc or .rtf attachments to email, or via Googledocs. I can provide a minimal service of giving the text a complete proofread, correcting grammar or spelling mistakes, or a full service, with additional guidance on how to improve the structure, focus, flow, clarity and potency of text and identification of gaps in research references/citations.
For rates, please send your project proposal as an attachment to or within the text of an email, or contact me to set up a phone conference. References are available upon request.
Jayne Cravens specializes in a variety of services for mission-based organizations (not-for-profits/NPOs, non-governmental organizations/NGOs, civil society, grass roots organizations and public sector agencies). Some services for for-profit companies are also available. For my Curriculum Vitae, please contact me.
Accolades to Coyote Communications
my consulting services | about Jayne Cravens | return to home page |
contact me | linking to or from these pages
The art work and material on this site was created and is copyrighted 1996-2007
by Jayne Cravens and Coyote Communications, all rights reserved
(unless noted otherwise, or the art is a link to another web site).