Jayne Cravens: Skills Inventory & Core Professional Competencies
COMMUNICATIONS, COMMUNITY OUTREACH & PARTNERSHIPS
- More than 20 years of experience working with nonprofit organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), corporations, public sector organizations, grass roots groups, universities and other institutions.
- Internationally-recognized expert in press relations and community outreach, project management, volunteer involvement, and capacity-building for staff and community members.
- Proven skills as a director and manager of programs and projects, with a focus on creating a results-oriented environment that empowers staff to do the best job possible and take responsibility for their tasks.
- Proven skills as a presenter, trainer and teacher.
- Comfortable working in a high-demand, dynamic environment with limited resources, or even limited infrastructure, and with diverse and/or remote staff.
- Commitment to take ownership of responsibilities and to ensure the effective and timely completion of tasks.
- Proven skills working with socially-excluded communities and religiously-conservative cultures where mistrust might be pervasive.
- Commitment to ensuring a gender focus is present in outreach materials, promoting gender considerations in various program activities, and carrying out activities in a culturally-sensitive and gender-sensitive manner.
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL MANAGEMENT
- Designing, launching and directing large national and international initiatives relating to volunteerism, with the goal of encouraging individual and organizational participation.
- Advising on strategies for volunteer involvement in United Nations initiatives and for various other organizations, and creating and coordinating agency-wide volunteer -involvement strategies (recruitment, orientation, supervision, tracking results, etc.).
- Providing expert advice on various manuals and policies relating to volunteer involvement.
- Facilitating participatory meetings to help attendees identify community needs and community-lead solutions.
- Designing and administering grants programs, screening donation requests, and making funding recommendations.
- Corporate social responsibility in practice: decisions and actions to save energy, reduce waste, support local businesses, etc.
- Organizing various special events.
- Supervising hundreds of volunteers, as well as training and supervising paid staff to work with volunteers.
- Documenting activities for handover to other staff.
- Extensive computer experience (advanced re: word-processing, using online discussion groups, blogs, instant messaging, shared online working spaces and other interactive tools; intermediate re: slide presentations; basic re: spreadsheets, and video and audio recording and editing).
- Proven negotiation skills with potential partners.
- Extensive experience interviewing staff for various posts.
- Experience drafting policies regarding interns, employee volunteering and employee education/learning.
- Extensive experience supervising staff.
- Extensive experience conducting research (non-academic).
- Proven skills managing budgets and successfully raising or mobilizing funds.
- Typing (75 wpm, 3% error).
- Valid USA driver's license and ability to drive a manual transmission.
Read more about Jayne's credentials and expertise
Read more about Jayne's Capacity-Building Work
Read more about Jayne's workshops & presentations
If you are interested in my professional activities and travels, subscribe to my blog. Don't have an RSS reader to subscribe to blogs? Not sure what RSS is? Try this RSS tutorial.
my consulting services | about Jayne Cravens | return to home page |
contact me | linking to or from these pages
The art work and material on this site was created and is copyrighted 1996-2010
by Jayne Cravens and Coyote Communications, all rights reserved
(unless noted otherwise, or the art is a link to another web site).